Friday 8 February 2013

Ross Fiddes 'Around The World In 20 Plates'

 
Can he eat this in one sitting?
                                                            
Vibrant, funny and adventurous Presenter  Ross Fiddes is hosting a new show called , 'Around The World in 20 Plates'. He has been creating quite a buzz recently and after watching a few episodes, its easy to see why.

we managed to catch up with him in between plates for a short interview

 what was your inspiration for the show?

Firstly, I love food. I thought why not make a show where I can present and eat loads of food at the same time?! On a serious note though, I’m really passionate about children’s television and that’s where my love for TV first began. It struck me one night whilst I was trying Korean food for the first time that I could make a show out of trying new foods and introduce kids to different cultures from around the world. That is when ‘Around the World in 20 Plates’ was born.

 what has been the best moment of being on the show?

The best moment was probably the most recent episode that we just filmed, the Kenyan one. In this episode I was actually able to help make some of the food and really get stuck in there. I helped the chef make Ugali, which is a traditional East African side dish. It was lots of fun, but you’ll have to wait a while for it to come online!

what has been the best thing you have eaten?

The best thing I have eaten was probably a Vietnamese spring roll. I don’t know what it was, but it was really tasty.

what has been the worst?

The worst thing I tried was a strange German concoction I ate in the Christmas special. It was like a burger made from Rye bread, stuffed with ham and onions. However, the lady squirted loads of this strange sauce on top and it really wasn’t very nice! You can actually see in the episode that I’m gagging from it.

have you ever pretended to like what you’ve eating?

No. The great thing about the show is that it is fairly spontaneous. A lot of the food I have never tried before, so my reactions are usually very genuine.

where do you see this show heading?

I’ve been really impressed with all the feedback I’ve had about the show and I think it definitely has potential. At the moment it is going through a complete makeover, with the logo and opening titles being professionally created by a graphics designer. Once that is complete I aim to increase its popularity online and then hopefully pitch it to some of the broadcasters out there. Anyone interested??

what were some of the risks involved in doing what you are doing?

I guess the main risk is that I don’t really have a steady income. Sometimes I get paid for work and other times I have to scrimp and save, but I guess that is just the nature of the business. Presenting is definitely my passion and I’m not giving up anytime soon. Anyway, life is about taking risks right?

what were the obstacles you faced in terms of getting the show out there?

There aren’t really any obstacles really. The show is presented, produced, edited and created by me so as long as I have a cameraman there to film me and some food on my plate it’s all good!

If you had any advice for aspiring presenters what would it be?

Any advice for aspiring presenters? It would probably be ‘can you give ME some advice??’
 
 
keep a look out for is next episode where Kenya is featured.
 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment