Tuesday 17 September 2013

Creative Refreshers Course 101


"The Creation of something new is not accomplished by the intellect, but by the play instinct acting from inner necessity. The creative mind plays with the objects it loves." - Carl Jung

Twice a week, a find myself committed to writing business blogs, managing social media content as well as trying to not feel like I am just churning out words. As a blogger I have to constantly draw inspiration and be creative.

I thought I would share 3 tips on how to be more creative in order to a creative. Some tips are nothing new and I’m most certain I have explored and shared these with my lovely readers in the past, however, they are effective and, well, and they work.

Let’s begin with the first tip.

-       Creativity is ignited by surroundings, including experiences and sensory emotions. I find when I have been sitting at my desk too long (although as previously discussed I have feng shui’ed it) - my mind draws blanks. Instead, I take a walk up the road to the off-license and buy myself a bag of skittles (true story) and on the walk back, I look at the houses lining the streets, I gaze up at the clouds and I take in the smells and sights. Think of it as imagination kindle. Whatever it is that you do, seeing things through new eyes will surely jog creativity.

-       Creating routine and jotting down schedules always helps. My daily routine starts after I have had breakfast and put on my Spotify and create my to do list for the day, scheduling in priorities. If you are like me, you tend to jot things on paper and risk misplacing it, ensure you place all your bits and bobs in one place. This could be a file, draw or box, as long as you know you will find it in there somewhere.

-       Do things differently… if you are a musician, strum a little harder  or try using a pic, if you are a designer, try a different stitching and so forth.
-       And finally, never dwell on mistakes. Start from fresh each time!

X
Romy

Many thanks again to Pikaland, illustrator’s blog for always inspiring me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment