Tuesday 2 April 2013

Fashion Share


                                               There's, Nothing to Lose. There's Nothing to Prove



Often times, when i need a creativity boost,  I find myself indulging in Art House films. Films  that run over the time it takes for my brain to lose interest, lets say a shameful 120min to short ones that before i think i get the gist of it, the credits roll. I seek out films that one would have to spend ages scouring the artistic corners of the Internet for.

Now I love music, I love fashion; I love movement in any possible art form. I enjoy things that have a certain edge about them and out of the norm.I love it when two mediums collate. Now this may have been around for longer than i am aware of, but I started to watch fashion shorts when I was a student in film school, that's a good couple of years ago,  whilst figuring out what I draw inspiration from. I find that this video might not be educational, but after an enjoyable Easter weekend with an unfathomable amount of chocolate coated eggs, I wanted to show you something beautiful.

This video, directed by Dominique Palombo and choreographed by Jermaine Browne for the Rachel Roy spring collection called ‘Move’, which won best picture at the 2011 La Jolla fashion Film Festival. The message behind the short was to encourage shoppers to buy things that make you move, what a better way to demonstrate this than with real, unique people? The film at times can be dark, with dancers perfectly choreographed but with this puppet effect that creates this eerie feel, but as you continue to watch, you will hopefully see the visual masterpiece I see.

I hope you enjoy this and feel free to comment or share any other videos you might have with me.

Romy

No comments:

Post a Comment